Of course, you’ve probably heard about saunas and their potential health and wellness benefits for years. Variations of saunas and steam baths have been popular for hundreds of years from Turkish and Russian steam baths to Finnish saunas. But is sitting in a sauna going to boost your health and overall wellbeing?
Crude saunas using fire, heated rocks and steam have been around for thousands of years as a way of detoxifying, healing muscles, reducing stress, and relaxing the body, but improved modern infrared saunas with near, mid, and far Infrared technology have taken the benefits of saunas to a whole new level.
What Exactly Is An Infrared Sauna and Why Should You Use One?
Infrared saunas use invisible near, mid and far infrared wavelengths delivering energy to cells that stimulate healing and relieve pain. The impact at the cellular level has a positive effect on detoxification and metabolism. Infrared light therapy has been proven effective by hundreds of studies all over the world, and they are far more comfortable compared to a traditional sauna and tend to be less hot, way more efficient and more beneficial than traditional sauna experience.
What is Near, Mid and Far Infrared?
Near-infrared (NIR) is the shortest infrared wavelength. Scientific research shows that when delivered at the vital wavelength of 880nm, without extreme heat or light, NIR promotes skin renewal, cell health, wound healing, and tissue growth. LEDs are useful because they can trigger a natural photo-biochemical reaction, similar to how plants use chlorophyll to convert sunlight into plant tissue.
And when the wave is pulsed, it can travel deeper into tissues. mPulse saunas like the ones we use here at Mind and Body Cryo got their name because the LED pulsates for optimal benefits.
Mid-infrared (MIR) is a longer wavelength that can penetrate deeper into the bodies soft tissue where inflammation occurs and speeds up the healing process.
Far-infrared (FIR) is the longest wavelength and reaches deepest into the body, where toxins are stored.
7 Benefits Of Infrared Sauna Treatment
Research shows that specific parts of the infrared spectrum are effective at producing different health benefits. Our 3-in-1 infrared saunas blend the optimal wavelengths near, mid, and far to achieve specific results and provide the following health benefits to users.
- Cell Health – Infrared therapy stimulates the circulatory system, causing the heart to beat more vigorously and blood vessels to dilate, which help cleanse the circulatory system and more fully oxygenate the bodies cells. Better blood circulation means more toxins flow from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in muscle recovery and strengthen the immune system.
- Detoxification – Sweating is one of the bodies safest and most natural ways to heal and maintain good health. Our detox sauna treatment is specifically designed to promote a deep, healthy and natural detoxifying sweat.
- Relaxation – Our saunas offer the utmost in comfort for greater relaxation and stress – reduction. Relaxation is more critical to health than most people realize. Stress impacts not just the mind but the body, as well. Our infrared sauna sessions help you relax in natural comfort with an invigorating deep tissue sweat that will have you feeling totally refreshed after every sauna session.
- Pain Relief – Infrared sauna heat works by penetrating joints, muscles, and tissues, increasing circulation and speeding oxygen flow. By reducing soreness on nerve endings, our infrared heat reduces muscle spasms and helps the body heal itself naturally.
- Weight Loss – Our infrared sauna treatments help you lose weight by detoxifying the body and burning calories while you relax in total comfort. The body has to work hard to cool itself, causing a healthy sweat. Using an infrared sauna increases heart rate, cardiac output, and metabolic rate, burning more calories, leading to more weight loss.
- Circulation – Sauna sessions produce an increase in blood flow that mirrors the benefits of a passive cardiovascular workout. Regular infrared sauna use, especially in the mid-infrared range has been shown to significantly stimulate blood flow, even after your health sauna session is completed.
- Natural Anti-Aging – As part of a sauna skin therapy program, infrared saunas help restore skin to a youthful appearance, fight acne, detox skin and benefit tone and texture. Our 3-in-1 infrared sauna skin therapy offers a well-rounded approach to skin care with near-infrared LED technology helps to rejuvenate and purify your skin, and keep it looking healthy and happy.
Mind and Body infrared sauna treatments are a useful tool for natural healing and prevention. Infrared light can penetrate human tissue which in turn provides a host of anti-aging health benefits making infrared saunas one of the best therapies for overall healthier living. If you want to get yourself back into balance, the benefits of an infrared sauna treatment may be exactly what you need to achieve your wellness goals.
Are you ready to experience the benefits of our infrared sauna treatment?
What Is Inflammation?There are two main types of inflammation. They are acute inflammation, which often occurs after a sprain, cut, or an injury. Acute inflammation lasts a few weeks as the body heals acute inflammation slowly goes away. Chronic inflammation, however,...
What is Cryo T-Shock Body Sculpting? Cryo T-Shock body sculpting is the most innovative and versatile treatment of localized fat, cellulite and “orange skin,” thermo-shock drainage and anti-aging treatments available. It is safe, painless and non-surgical alternative...
Cryotherapy is gaining worldwide popularity among everyday people. No longer is it reserved just for Hollywood celebrities and professional athletes. Users are seeing the benefits with everything from workout recovery to beauty applications, but how does it help with...